MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to use fire bug to modify css?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry but I 'm new to mybb,I'm trying to use firebug to modify some of the css code but all it shows to me is a global.css which I couldn't find other than in the cache,I want to do it in a traditional way such as locate the the excat line of code using firebug then go direct to the folder where the file resides.How can I do it,or is there some start course for reference?
AdminCP > Themes > Click [Options] button and select "Edit Theme" in front of your theme's name > global.css > Click on "Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode" tab > and edit Smile
Thank you,but I want to use firebug to spot on the excat line of css code ,how can I do that ,I'm using editplus
Right click on the element and select "Inspect Element with Firebug".
I know that this global.css file is located in cache folder,I'm wondering if it could be lost when some clear cache thing happens?
No, no files get deleted if cache has been cleared. You actually clear the cache of your browser.
OK,thank you,but why this is named cache,it got me confused.
(2012-06-15, 12:36 PM)zhuzhaodan Wrote: [ -> ]OK,thank you,but why this is named cache,it got me confused.

It's a file cache of the the stylesheets in the database so there's no need to query the database constantly.