MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing Templates In IE 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now let me start off this little post by saying I use IE... I like IE. It's one of the most lightweight browsers out there and I like the UI. It does the job just fine for everything I need minus about 2 things... and that's not enough to make me want to go and download another browser. So that's not an option for a fix. Just throwing that out there. lol

Anyway, that being said, I'm running into a problem when I try and edit a template with IE 9 here. I can open the page up with my template (in this instance the header) and it all looks good. However, when I actually click inside the box to do the editing, it... well I guess it removes "word wrap" and takes all the code and moves it horizontally into a single line. I'll stick some before and after images here in the post.

I don't know if this is a bug in the software or just something the browser does. I had also tried to copy and paste everything in the template edit box into notepad or expression web or something to edit it there, however it kinda does the same thing and messes the formatting all up.

Any ideas (that aren't download FireFox/Chrome/Whatever), friends and neighbors?

[attachment=26527]
[attachment=26528]
Go to Admin CP > Home > Preferences > Turn on / off Codepress > Off.

CodePress is buggy and it's what causing this issue. It will most likely be replaced in 1.8.
I'll go give it a try right now...

Perfect, that did it. Sadly it took away all my pretty colors but I'll live. Smile

Thanks a lot.