MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: designing sent out emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
heya!

how do i "design" outgoing emails?
For example the plugin invitation management sents out emails.
I can change the text but i would also like to "design" the text.
I know that "\n" is a new line. Which "language" is that?
How to I make a part of the text bold?

Could i also design the whole mails which are getting sent out with html (a look like a newsletter)?

thanks
karo
I send this newsletter each month, just make the changes you need to suit your colours scheme, save then just make the relevent changes each month, send via mass mail html only. Try one to yourself first, hope it helps.

[Image: 25f2gkg.jpg]

<html>
<body>

<table align="center" border="2" cellspacing="6" cellpadding="9" width="640" >
<tr>
<td bgcolor="daf2df">

<table bgcolor="45bb5f" width="90%" align="center"><tr><td align="center">
<b>
<font size="5" color="white">FORUM NAME Newsletter</font>

<br>
<font size="2" color="white">June 2012  </font>
</b>
</td></tr></table>

<br>
Hello {username} this is the monthly newsletter from FORUM NAME HERE!<br>

<br>
<table bgcolor="45bb5f" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td><font size="4" color="white">New Members:</font></td></tr></table>
We had 24 new members last month, and a warm welcome goes out to you all. If you haven't done so yet, why not introduce yourself with a new thread <a href="URL to start a new thread in the Intro section">Here!</a> Existing members please take a moment to make new members welcome by checking for new posts in the "Introductions"

<br><br>
<table bgcolor="45bb5f" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="White">Announcements:</font>
</td></tr></table>
Here I put a couple of monthly announcments like the one below. 
<br><br>
A couple of you seem to still be having problems logging on. If you are one of those people please contact via this email address or use the "Contact Us" at the foot of the home page and I will get it sorted for you.

<br><br>
<tr><td>

<font size="4" color="white">Some Topics You May Have Missed. <i>You may need to be logged in!</i> </font>
</td></tr></table>
<a href="URL to the thread">Namre of thread</a> | <a href="URL to thread">Name of thread </a> | <a href="URL of thread">Name of thread  </a> 
Put as many as you want, I usually put 10-15 links.

<br><br>
<tr><td>

<font size="4" color="white">Forum Tip:</font>
</td></tr></table>
Here I put a monthly forum tip. like how to change avatar or Using the PM system etc 

<br><br>
<tr><td>
<font size="4" color="white">Can You Help?</font> </td></tr></table>
<b>Please take a moment to stop by the forum and see if you can help with some questions.</b> we are all in it together and your input could be very helpful to others. Remember you can always get notifications of new threads in any section of your choice, see <a href=URL to an info post on my forum">Here!</a>
<br><br>

Hope to see you soon. / Happy Easter / ETC

<br><br>
<table bgcolor="45bb5f" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td><font size="4" color="white"
<font size="4"> Information! </font>
</td></tr></table>
<font size="2">This newsletter is sent once a month to all members by default. if you no longer want to receive it you need to untick the box "Receive emails from the Administrators" in you User CP options.</font>

<a href="URL HERE">Website name here</a>

</body></html>
Someone should make a MyBB plugin hooking into the MailChimp API.
thanks guys!

I found out now by myself how to integrate an html-mail in the invitation-system.
for those who are looking for that: invitation.php
in the function "invite_buildEmailBody"
you add the complete html-code for the mail.
and where my_mail is used (2 times) the code has to look like that: (before there where one the first three parameters)
if(my_mail($addr, $subject, $body, "","","",false,"html",""))

and yes a hooking to MailChimp would be cool!