MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deleting posts without affecting post count.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm, I've just found this out, but just wondering if there's a way to delete posts without affecting their post count. E.g If I post it increases my post count to 5, then I delete the post or the owner of the thread deletes the thread it goes back down to 4.
Say a person creates a thread, and another person posts like 100 posts in it, and the owner of thread deletes it, 100 post counts will be lost.

I was just wondering is there a way to stop that from happening? So if someone deletes a thread with someone posted loads in, their post count will stay the same?
Also if it's possible, if there's a way to do it like above, but it will delete the posts count if you delete the post yourself?

Thanks for reading, hope you can help Smile
why? when you delete the thread you have deleted the posts and the post count is correct. if you are really worried about it, set the edit time limit to like 30 minutes and then the post/thread author can not edit/delete after that time
Because I'm using 'New Points' too, as if a thread gets deleted with loads posts in, the amount of points they get will get reduced to a negative number.
I am not familiar with New Points so I am not sure if there is a setting to not take away points, but I assume it is possible. You would probably need to edit the new points plugin so that it does not run on a thread/post delete.