MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users confused by Reply and New Reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone,

I've received some feedback that my users are confused by the button Reply, and didn't realize that it would quote the person. I wonder if this should be renamed to Quote, or something to that affect? I realize when you rollover the button it tells you what the button will do, but not everyone hovers long enough. What are your thoughts or experience?

Also, what does Quote This Post do? I clicked it, but nothing happens.

Thanks,
Burt
I renamed the button to quote, and they use the reply or quick reply to post
(2012-06-15, 07:43 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I renamed the button to quote, and they use the reply or quick reply to post
Hi Mr. Fish,

So you renamed the Reply button to Quote? You mentioned that they use the reply button to post, so I was confused by your statement. Thanks! Any idea what the Quote This Post does?
Um, the reply button is the button at the top and bottom of showthread. It has "post reply" on it I think. Quote this post is probably the multiquote button.
I think that is where my users confusion is. At the top and bottom of the thread it says New Reply. Within the users post, next to Edit, it says Reply. I don't think people are aware that the word Reply will quote someone. It does sound like I will need to change this, though.

And thanks for clearing up the Quote This Post. This could actually lead to usability issues as well. If this is indeed a "multi-quote" function, I wonder if it should say "Add Multi-quote." Even myself, a rather savvy forum user, had no idea what it meant. Thanks again for your feedback.
Good thing there's a GDK.

[Image: pm_reply.png]
IIRC it used to say Quote but was changed in the 1.4 release.
(2012-06-15, 08:37 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Good thing there's a GDK.

Thanks! Where did you find this?
(2012-06-15, 09:33 PM)Zero One Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-15, 08:37 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Good thing there's a GDK.

Thanks! Where did you find this?

He made it using the MyBB GdK that comes with mybb.
Yeah I always change Reply to Quote in themes I make, just because I think it sounds better. xp
Pages: 1 2