MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need a CMS recomendation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I usually use minimal CMS's, but I have a need that's fairly large, and it's not something I'm really that familiar with anymore.

Basically I need a static frontpage which will show updated news and crap (Similar to a portal) then I will need a blog, fairly simple, comments, multiple authors, WYSIWYG editor, (Preferable twitter/Facebook signin for the comments) Custom pages, some sort of directory of it aswell.

Basically I want to create a music review sites. So I will need a band profile area, listed alphabetically. Apart from that the rest I can code in or hire.
Drupal can do it all Toungue. Most Core but you'll need additional modules for WYSIWYG and Twitter/Facebook login integration (but all those modules are already available).

ModX may also work but I hope you like ajax because the whole ACP seems to be written in javascript which is annoying and slow (one of the few reasons I shy away from ModX over drupal).
WordPress? Pretty sure you described it Toungue
Going through OpenSourceCMS's Drupal install now. How do you think I'd do the artist profile thing? Would it just be custom pages?
(2012-06-16, 04:42 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]WordPress? Pretty sure you described it Toungue

my thoughts exactly.
(2012-06-16, 04:45 AM)Lo. Wrote: [ -> ]Going through OpenSourceCMS's Drupal install now. How do you think I'd do the artist profile thing? Would it just be custom pages?

You would probably create a custom content type where you can select the fields they have to fill in and what's acceptable in them. And, then you can use something like Views to have it display the way you want.

You would also probably use views along with a taxonomy page for your directory set up.

Edit: I'm not going to say it will be easy but drupal can do what you need it to. You'll just have to learn the drupal way of doing things.
(2012-06-16, 04:46 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-16, 04:42 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]WordPress? Pretty sure you described it Toungue

my thoughts exactly.

Wordpress does not have the amount of features that I need for this. I need mass page management. Like in a year of running I expect to easily have 200 custom band profiles. Organizationally that is not acceptable. It also lacks a lot of anti spam features.

@Alex, that seems perfect.
If you need help let me know. I'll try to offer what little knowledge I have Wink.
WP has many plugins, pretty sure you can find what you need through them, just like with MyBB.
While wordpress is great I would never use it for a large site (a large blog fine but not a site).
Pages: 1 2