MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration Security Questions.........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a question about the Registration Security Questions feature of MyBB.
The Default questions can be edited or deleted..... so I have been deleting them and replacing them with questions only Outdoor hunting /fishing related registrants would know...common questions with common answers that are easy for genuine members to get. I know the feature uses a random question upon registration......... once I replace them all...will the security questions "Stats" work??
Before I replaced a few.... it gave me stats of how many people answered them correctly and incorrectly.... but now that I have replaced them....it does not show any stats for the questions I just added.

I think that by changing the questions I will eliminate around 50+ registrations a day from bogus registrants that I have to delete each day.
Just tested, it doesn't removes the old stat.
First I edited a question and changed its question and answer.....it kept the old stats....so I deleted the question...actually deleted 3 of the questions....they were too general in my opinion to filter out bogus registrations.....so I added 3 new questions. Since I added those new questions.... It shows that no one has answered them either correctly or incorrectly...
The new questions might not come when new registrants register?
Is this because the forum picks a random question upon registration? If so....why hasn't my forum picked any of the new questions...which is 50% of the questions....3 default questions and 3 new questions? If I delete the default other3 and add 3 more new questions...... will the stats work or is something now right with this feature?

I see this thread was moved..... Is the security questions a plugin???? I thought it was a standard part of the MyBB forum???
ahh..... I just found that out by digging around my forum....
(2012-06-16, 12:35 PM)mallard Wrote: [ -> ]ahh..... I just found that out by digging around my forum....
I installed that for you an year back, forgot buddy? Wink
The stats are supposed to work for both the default questions and any questions you add. If the stats are not updating then something is not right on your setup.

Have you added a question/answer and gone to the registration page and tried to answer that question either right or wrong and checked if the stats get updated? I just tested on my local setup and it updated the stats without any problems.

I know there is a small bug in the stats function that won't keep the proper count in extremely rare conditions (something I'm working on fixing) but it should not cause the stats to not be counted all together.

Anyway, if your stats are not updating then I would start with making sure you have all your files of the plugin from the newest version and there aren't any old files lurking around. Also let me know more about your setup, like MyBB version, PHP version, MySQL version etc.
The problems seem to have gone away....I deleted all the default questions...and just have 3 questions I created. I have had only 1 incorrect answer so far.This is compared to tons of registrations a day that correctly answer the default question. I think it is working.... not really sure....

Just logged out of my forum....and hit the register button.... answered the question correctly.....it worked....then went back and answered the question incorrectly...it wouldn't let me register. I logged back in and checked the stats.....it recorded both attempts!!!! This plugin.....with custom questions that I chose....solved ALL of the bogus registrations I was having!!!!! A++++ on this plugin!!!!! Since I have been using this forum since 2002....keeping it up-to-date........ I have had thousands of bogus registrations from people not wanting to participate in the forums community..... NO MORE!!!!!! Thank you sir for this!!!!!
Pages: 1 2