MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Global setting to disable post icons and thread status icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I do prefer the team to provide us with a high quality script rather that a quick one, unlike most people it seems.
(2012-08-18, 12:36 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I do prefer the team to provide us with a high quality script rather that a quick one, unlike most people it seems.

These aren't mutually exclusive. They can release good software and iterate on it over time. That said, to imply the software wouldn't be high quality if it didn't have this feature in it is a big stretch ...
Threads ratings are completely hidden if not being used, currently there is no even a check when showing post icons in posts or thread list (as far as I remember). I don't know if I'm using the right terms but, imo, that is not high quality code.
(2012-08-18, 12:36 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I do prefer the team to provide us with a high quality script rather that a quick one, unlike most people it seems.

If everything waited to be perfect and have every feature wanted nothing would ever be released. There has to goals with a specific release and you have to limit them.
I think the easiest way to explain that would be;

Eventually, you have just say "eggplant it, Ship it" - a line I always come to at the end of a development period.

But I agree with this; Those icons are pointless, and for my forum I've noticed that only new members use it once and then stop.
Pages: 1 2