MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1054 - unknown column error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone please help? I've been asking for days. Can someone just please tell me the root of the problem and what I might need to do. Just get me going in the right direction, please!

540 users on the forum right now, countless moderators and admins on the forum throughout the day, and not one person can figure this out?

I have already looked at every single search term related to this, and none of them have helped. Apparently this was an issue with the 1.6.6 release, but I installed a fresh copy of 1.6.8.

Others have mentioned that they created this table themselves, but then an admin says you shouldn't have to do that. So what is going on? I've PM mods and admins without any response, and have done everything I can think of before posting. I'm really trying to do this on my own and not be of any hassle.

I do not know how this relates to MyBB; therefore, I have no way of troubleshooting. Am I on some kind of forum blacklist? I mean come on, give a guy a break here. All I want to do is add a new group.
From looking at it, I believe that the issue was caused because of the way you just removed 1.6.6 and installed 1.6.8. I believe you didn't use the upgrade tool to do it at all just from looking around.
Hi euantor,

This installation was new starting at 1.6.8. However, the database lived on an older version. Does that mean anything?

For example, I started the database on a different website from an older version (1.6.6?), but then I moved that database to a fresh instal of 1.6.8. Is it possible that the database has remnants of 1.6.6?

If that is the case, I did try the upgrade, but I chose 1.6.7 as my upgrade. Should I try the upgrade again and choose 1.6.6, even though I'm already on 1.6.8?

Thanks for looking!
Yes, you should have run the upgrade tool to upgrade from 1.6.6 to 1.6.8 as there were database changes between 1.6.6 to 1.6.7 from what I remember.
I cannot believe this entire time it was something so simple. But in a way, I guess I knew it was a simple answer, just nothing I knew. If only I had known to choose 1.6.6 and not 1.6.7. Oh well!

Thanks, euantor. I can now make a group. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
So it's sorted now? if so, mark the thread as solved and mark the best answer please Smile
Pages: 1 2