MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete lock (no lock exists)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am upgrading from 1.6.4 to the 1.6.8. I tried replacing the files in my FTP directory and that failed miserably. So I restored the database and directory and had my old board back from yesterday. This time, I merged the files I was uploading to upgrade.

I am trying to upgrade and get "Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue."
Every thread I find makes people look stupid for not just deleting the "lock" file. But my eyes must be bad because I cannot find this lock file in my install folder (see attachment). Can someone please tell me where it is located in my image so that I can find it to delete it and continue upgrading? Thanks in advance. The image is a screenshot of my install directory.
It's in ./install - please see image

[Image: 4f09b6d9687240d397d818a.png]
I believe my screenshot should be showing the contents of my forum/install folder.
Download a fresh copy of mybb, delete your install directory and then upload the fresh install directory. Now try run the upgrade.
Perhaps files with no extensions are hidden in the file system?
I downloaded a fresh copy an hour ago, but I did it again. Couldn't delete my install folder (Error -126), so I renamed it. Uploaded the new install folder and no longer got the error and the upgrade just worked. Whew!

Thanks.
Glad to hear it Smile
(2012-06-17, 08:39 PM)vernier Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to hear it Smile
Um, I am having the same problem. I deleted the "lock" file but still got the error message. Then I renamed the "install" directory and uploaded the 1.6.8 install directory. But I still get the error message.

Bizarre. Thanks for any and all help.

P.S. I cleaned out the cache and all other stuff from the browser.
Hi there,

Please post your FTP and MyBB admin and cPanel login info in a new thread in the Private Inquiries forum. Threads you post there can only be seen by yourself and staff, everything within the forum is confidential. By posting your details in that forum, all staff members will be able to look at your problem and provide a solution. Also, please provide a link in your new thread to your post/thread here so staff can see all other information given/discovered so far.