MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No WYSIWYG Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Uh, I beg to differ, Tom. SCEditor, for example, works just fine on my iPad.
I stumbled upon Redactor a couple of weeks ago. It is absolutely brilliant. Beautiful, simple, fully-featured, lightweight, etc. Air mode and click-to-edit are particularly awesome. I honestly think it's perfect for MyBB 2.0.

I was devastated to find out it was not free. It's really good when compared to TinyMCE or whatnot - seriously, look at that crap. Although not free, we could technically buy the $99 developer license and use it within MyBB (if I'm not mistaken). If no decent open source alternative comes out (I'm still hoping for one) I honestly think Redactor could still be a very good choice. We've raised $3000 for a domain before. I'm sure we could easily raise the $99 for a feature everyone would love.

http://imperavi.com/redactor/
You would need the $399 OEM license for an open-source product.
Damn, I think they changed the plans recently. $99 used to be the most expensive plan, and I believe it allowed for usage on an open-source product (not 100% sure though). But yeah, not anymore.

$399 is certainly a lot more money, but my point stands. If we really decide to go with something like that and nothing else is available, we could potentially raise the money. But I'm still hoping for an open source alternative. Toungue

P.S. Just realized you can drag the image in the example to resize it. Pretty cool.
Yeah it definitely is worth $399 IMO.
(2012-10-17, 08:04 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think a WYS editor is really essential for the iPad/mobile experience. After all, most tend to be cumbersome to use on such devices.

The problem is tho that it when I have it enabled for the board it is enabled ob the iPad also. I guess a custom theme for iPad/iPhone might work if the plugin installs code to the theme that is set as default.

(2012-10-17, 02:46 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, I beg to differ, Tom. SCEditor, for example, works just fine on my iPad.

It (on either of my forums) doesn't not work using the SCEditor plugin mod. It might be another mod interfering, but those are ones I would prefer to keep. I guess if you manually integrate it then it might work, but all the smilies are a pain to integrate individually.
(2012-10-17, 02:46 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, I beg to differ, Tom. SCEditor, for example, works just fine on my iPad.

I've never seen a site that uses it. And the demo doesn't work on this iPad.
My forum uses it... Hint hint. It works as I would expect on my iPad and iPhone. Tap on, tap off.
SCEditor sure is nice!
Redactor is really very nice, Is it not available to use with MyBB 1.6.8?
Pages: 1 2 3 4