MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Activation Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I'm on a linux server and I have my board set to user activation. I have tried to use phpmail as well as SMTP with the settings provided by my hosting company in my cpanel.

I get the e-mail that says 'Account Activation at Discussion Board' but when I open it - no matter which method of mail handler I select - the body of the e-mail is blank. There's no way to activate the account via this method because there's no link etc.

I have tried the php test in the mybb Wiki, it comes out okay....I get 'Mail was sent by PHP' and no errors whatsoever.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on.

My forum URL is www.rageacrossmexico.com/tempboard.

Any help or advice you can offer I would greatly appreciate. Smile

Maggie

***also, when I have it set to SMTP it is from the information directly provided by my hosting company. I've also tried using the [email protected] as well as admin+rageacrossmexico.com. Sad
Ironically, for the first time in my life, i can say we are having the same problem with our board, (we are using the same settings we had on our phpbb board and it was fine).

Emails are sent ok, but their contents is blank.

I am normally quite skeptical of saying "we have the same problem" as different systems can manifest different problems

But i feel this is quite a specific set of info and im not really sure what would be different. Especially as we know this configuration works, it used to work previously but has stopped today.

www.306oc.co.uk/ is our forum.

Is there anything further i can do to troubleshoot this problem?

**Edit**

Just to further add, PM notification emails are being received and the body of the email contains all the correct context.
i have the same problem...my members only recieve the email title but the activation link is missing..
Same problem
Do we reckon there is a wider problem here?

when i get on a computer i'm going to scour through template files, as i'm wondering if the template that's used to generate the email is blank/not there.

I'll let you guys know my findings

After a bit of investigation, our issue was related to the "englishb" language pack. A number of files in there have previously caused issues with options not displaying correctly (or were missing completely) within the ACP. I replaced the messages.lang.php file with the same file from the standard "english" language pack, and emails were then working as expected without issue.

I'm a little surprised as a manual comparison of the two messages.lang.php for the different language packs looked the same, just with some of the settings in a different order.

I hope this helps any other users with the same issue.