MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pottermore Fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: LogoReal.png]
Pottermore Fans

Are you a member of Pottermore?
Do you want to participate in a dedicated Pottermore community?
Are you a wizard, Harry?
If so, then you should come on down and check out Pottermore Fans! Pottermore Fans is the new way to talk about Pottermore, with a dedicated team behind it, and an expanding forum.
Pottermore Fans is open and ready to talk!

What is Pottermore, I hear you ask?
Pottermore is a website created by JK Rowling where she shares secrets about each book! She hides them in each Chapter (which can be accessed interactively), which you can explore.

So if you enjoy Pottermore, come on down and check out Pottermore Fans!
I've removed one of your links as our Showcase rules state only a maximum of two links are permitted per thread.
You really need a new domain and a new theme.
EmpireHostings is a good host. You need to work on the domain, theme and logo.

For pure professionalism I suggest you add forum descriptions and lay it out a bit better. Good luck though.
(2012-06-18, 12:26 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]You really need a new domain and a new theme.

I know about the domain. I want to get a .com one, preferably something like pottermorefans.com but I'm currently a little short on cash.
And as for the theme, when I get more members, I'll run a poll and see if they think it should be changed.

(2012-06-18, 03:13 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]EmpireHostings is a good host. You need to work on the domain, theme and logo.

For pure professionalism I suggest you add forum descriptions and lay it out a bit better. Good luck though.

I did have comments about the layout and tried to revise it. How do you think it could be better?
And there are forum descriptions. I used Yaldaram's tutorial about forum descriptions on mouse over. Wink
I suggest you edit the initial post to include a small description of Pottermore. Here, and anywhere else that you advertise, you shouldn't assume people know what it is. For example, I was trying to figure out what it meant, and came up with 2 guesses: Harry Potter fanfic subculture, or a forum for fans of both Harry Potter and some other fantasy series that has something to do with the word "more."

The reason I am saying this, is that if you try to find Pottermore fans where there are none, you'll never get new members. But if you create Pottermore fans, you can coax them over to your website more easily. (I had to Google it myself, by the way, even though I've read every book multiple times.) If you, instead, are the person that gives people their first exposure to Pottermore, they'll probably look to you for advice - on your forums.