MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so this is bugging me, i looked at my forum status to see it's only on a Certain version and that i should Update it, so i went on the Mybb site, and downloaded the latest copy and took the upgrade24 assuming it would make it up to date but it was only 1607 not 1608 i tried editing it and everything, how do i upgrade my forum to 1608 so its secure?
So that means i have to risk losing my theme and all my plugins? no thanks. I'd rather keep my 1607 version.
(2012-06-18, 10:58 AM)Rainbow Dash Wrote: [ -> ]So that means i have to risk losing my theme and all my plugins? no thanks. I'd rather keep my 1607 version.

Not at all. It wouldn't be much of an upgrade if that happened...

1607 to 1608 is a simple upgrade. You never lose any data when upgrading.
It seems way to confusing i go to /install/upgrade.php and 1608 isn't there, are you telling me i have to Upload all the new files in /upload to the public_html directory?
Either that or use the changed files package which can be found on the blog.

Upload the files, run the upgrade script, make sure everything is working correctly.
The thing is I don't want to Upload the new files because i have no Idea what to do, and i don't want to Lose anything because the forum took me a while, and theres heaps of plugins, i uploaded the things in the resources, like i said I don't want to add A fresh Copy of Mybb into my Public_html directory.
You won't lose any custom files you've uploaded. It doesn't work like that. It'll simply replace the MyBB core files which have been updated since 1.6.7. It doesn't touch any other files on the server.

As I previously stated, you won't lose any data. In any case you can make a backup (Which is recommended) incase anything does go wrong.
Hay man i uploaded the changed directories off the blog, and its All up to date, thanks for that.