MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UID Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My co-administrator made a test account and change the UID via phpMyAdmin to 1000.

Once members started registering they adopted post-1000 UID. I'd like to reset all UIDs back into order without doing them 1-by-1.

Any ideas guys? Undecided

Thanks in advance.
If your users have already started using the forums it would be difficult to rectify this problem, I'd imagine.
The UIDs would be linked to the posts, threads, privatemessages and events (if they've used the calendar) tables - and probably others too - and it would be rather troublesome to try and move everyone back to their proper UID while updating all the instances of their UID and username where appropriate.
Damn. Would be a few SQL commands I would imagine. Over and over. Very repetitive process. Smile
So I guess it's more work than it is worth?

Maybe I could suggest MyBB implement an automatic UID resolver for 1.8? If it was an automated process it'd be a lot easier, rather than manually doing it.
I guess I'll suggest it now in the correct section.
I can't see a place for it in the MyBB core - this should really never happen.

Even if you wanted to do this after pruning banned/un-activated users it's a bad idea as any links to profiles would then be wrong.

Tell your co-admin not to go messing around in phpMyAdmin, especially not with auto-increment fields, to avoid such situations in the future.
Does it really matter? Honestly...

If someone is member 1010 or 110 it doesn't make a real difference.
(2012-06-19, 08:12 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Does it really matter? Honestly...

If someone is member 1010 or 110 it doesn't make a real difference.

It's not a big deal, not a big deal at all. It's just that I received numerous PMs and wanted to see if I could sort it out now.

I guess it's just slight OCD that I now have a huge jump in UIDs but I'll get used to it.