MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Read forum showing as unread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a subforum of a subforum set up on 1.6.8. The threads are all read, but in the main listing it shows as unread. I mark as read and then come back later to see that it's again showing unread threads even though there hasn't been any new posts.
Please post your website's URL and any testing account logins.
The forum is private right now. When it becomes public I can post the accounts. Just wondering if this was a common bug.
My forum does the same thing. The symbol for new post in that forum, never go away.
Are you marking the entire forums as read, or just individual forums?

There was/is an known issue with subforums being marked as read, but the parent forum would be unread still.
If you mark the entire forum as read it should be fine.

It probably still hasn't been fixed as it requires a rather large code change and with the way things are currently, it would be rather server intensive - so we'll be changing that in 2.0 probably.

That's if it hasn't been addressed still, which as far as I know it hasn't. I haven't been keeping up to date with development... Shy