MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade to 1.2 Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After following the upgrade and completing successfully I get the following error:

Language (/home/content/c/h/e/cheersevans/html/friday/inc/languages/) is not installed

inc/Langauge is there with enlish.php and index.html underneath it. Am I missing something? The path appears correct from the root of the shared web server.

Any ideas?

Cheers
You should have a folder also. Be default it ships with a folder named "english". If you do not have this just grab the zip file off the main website, and upload that folder.

Hope that helps,
Matt
Matty Wrote:You should have a folder also. Be default it ships with a folder named "english". If you do not have this just grab the zip file off the main website, and upload that folder.

Hope that helps,
Matt

I have the english folder, and contents already. The error path is /home/content/c/h/e/cheersevans/html/friday/inc/languages/ so I am guessing it is missing a file in inc/language
Is English set as your default language in the Admin CP?

I am not overly familiar with the MyBB software, but since it says that it cannot find a language, and cannot supply the name of the language, one might think that no language was selected. Does English show up when you edit the default settings for the board?
Matty Wrote:Is English set as your default language in the Admin CP?

I am not overly familiar with the MyBB software, but since it says that it cannot find a language, and cannot supply the name of the language, one might think that no language was selected. Does English show up when you edit the default settings for the board?

I cannot get to the admin console since the upgrade, I am guessing there is something referenced in the confg.php and gloabl.php that is referencing a file I dont have. Anyone had this issue before?
I had this problem myself too before, but that was when I fluffed it all up and restarted again. (Luckily I backed up the database).

Have you got a backup of the database (from <1.1.8)? If so, put that back on then retry again. Smile
Dale Hay Wrote:I had this problem myself too before, but that was when I fluffed it all up and restarted again. (Luckily I backed up the database).

Have you got a backup of the database (from <1.1.8)? If so, put that back on then retry again. Smile

I do have a back up of the DB, and have tried it twice now. I get the same result each time. Do you know what is being called and from what file for it to think it is missing something?
Please open the file inc/settings.php and search for the entry $settings['bblanguage']. Make sure that english is used:
$settings['bblanguage'] = "english";
Michael83 Wrote:Please open the file inc/settings.php and search for the entry $settings['bblanguage']. Make sure that english is used:

Thanks Michael, English was missing from settings.php, I added and its working now!!!
cheersevans Wrote:
Michael83 Wrote:Please open the file inc/settings.php and search for the entry $settings['bblanguage']. Make sure that english is used:

Thanks Michael, English was missing from settings.php, I added and its working now!!!

I cannot access the admin CP to be able to change the general configuration of the URL. I am getting the same langage error:

Language (/home/content/c/h/e/cheersevans/html/friday/inc/languages/) is not installed

I know for the general board langauage setting is held in inc/config.php, is there a different one for the admincp?
Pages: 1 2