MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Hide me from who's online list" should hide my "last visit" too
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The option in the user control panel "Hide me from who's online list" is not really useful if the user expects this settings to give him privacy, because it will literally hide him from just the "who's online" list. Another item that needs to be hidden, is the "last visit". You don't have to be a genius to know is someone is actually online, by looking at his "last visit", even if his status is "offline".

Before posting this suggestion, I thought I would take a look to another forum system that I am a member of, and this is what shows in my profile when I use the "Sign in anonymously" option at the login screen:

[Image: EQM7v.png]

I'm not suggesting a similar option in the login screen, this is just an example to show what an option that offers privacy to a user should do.

In conclusion, I think we need a "hide me for real" option in the user control panel, that not only hides the user form the who's online list, but also hides the "last visit" information from his profile. If this gets implemented, the name "Hide me from who's online list" may not be enough anymore. It should be "Hide my online activity", "Browse this forum anonymously", or something similar.

Thank you.
I like the private option. If the user is invisible (and the viewing user has no permission to view invisible users) this could work.
I implemented a similar set up using PhP Template Conditionals - if a user had marked themselves as invisible I wrapped the bits I wanted hidden as so:

<if ($memprofile['invisible'] !=1 || in_array($GLOBALS['mybb']->user['usergroup'], array(4))) then>
hide this if invisible
</if>
(2012-06-19, 09:45 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I implemented a similar set up using PhP Template Conditionals - if a user had marked themselves as invisible I wrapped the bits I wanted hidden as so:

<if ($memprofile['invisible'] !=1 || in_array($GLOBALS['mybb']->user['usergroup'], array(4))) then>
hide this if invisible
</if>

Hi. I was using parte of this code but it didn't work

The correct form is:

<if ($GLOBALS['mybb']->user['invisible'] != 1 ) then>

Bye
MyBB 1.6 is now feature locked. This should be requested for 1.8 or 2.0

http://community.mybb.com/thread-151935-...pid1066086
@cafeina.

Your code is wrong. By using mybb->user it takes the viewers invisible status into account, not the invisible state of the members profile they are viewing.

My code makes it that whether people have marked themselves as invisible or not then the Last Visit is still visible to admins. Please TEST fully before posting a code correction that is in fact wrong.
You are right. I was developing another small code http://community.mybb.com/thread-152362.html and apparently I misunderstood the way you explained it.

Thanks and sorry
Edit: Correction, I am full of it in regards to mybb 1.6.

In Mybb 1.8 it is functioning this way already though. See: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/237