MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Show Threads Like announcement on PORTAL.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thank you very much its working............... Gr8......

its worked in default theme on my xampp but on actual site it is not working......... Whats the problem???
Does it work on your copy of the MYBB default theme on your site? Do you have the plugin installed on your live site?
i deleted default theme from live site.....
Well, that is unfortunate. I advise not to delete the MYBB theme but rather to keep it with view/usage rights set for admin only. That way you can check if things "not working" are theme related.

If this edit worked on your xampp set up then it works. You need to check that your live board has the same plugins and template edits as your xampp.

I can't really do much more to help you.

You can get the default theme back by exporting the theme from your xampp set up and importing it as a theme to your live board.
(2012-06-19, 12:04 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I will tell you how to do the avatars - it is up to you. On the latest image from thread it will be just as heavy - it is showing the image (avatar etc) that does it.

To have the post preview you will again need to edit portal.php or install a plugin and edit templates. If the data is not there then you have to get it from somewhere.

The easiest way to do it is to install ZingaBurga's Post Preview http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=267 and then add the post preview to the template.

assuming you have ZB's plugin, add this to the template

{$thread['postpreview']}

Hi,
I'm currently modifying my portal page to shows the forum categories,please help me to accomplish.
I want to show something like this in portal page

Here is how my current forum looks

Classifieds -Level 1
Car for sale -level 2
freebies -level 2
Site improvement ideas -level 1
site content ideas - level 2
suggestion to adimin -level 2

In portal page, i want to display in below format.
Classifieds
Car for sale
Display first 3 threads
freebies
Display first 3 threads

Please help me on this.
To be honest, for something like that you should consider ditching the portal and editing your index page with a side bar and a plugin to pull that data to it.
(2012-06-26, 04:10 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, for something like that you should consider ditching the portal and editing your index page with a side bar and a plugin to pull that data to it.

I started directly editing the Portal page & index page instead of waiting for PRO portal or something similar to be available.
However i find difficulties adding the forum to portal page .when i add {$forum} editing the portal page i dont see the forum getting displayed.
Indeed, it is a drag - but if you look at what the poster I responded to wants - they want the forums with a sidebar. No need for portal at all.

Adding the forums to the portal page takes a lot more work than adding the portal functions to the index.
Its working now............But it shows full post. How to show 1st image and some information and if user want to read full post there should be option to read more link??
Pages: 1 2