MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wiki Plugin v1.2.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Wiki Plugin by Jones

Status
This Plugin isn't developed anymore, only security fixes are applied. It'd need a complete rewrite and I don't have the time to do so.

Description
This Plugin adds a full wiki to your page. You can manage your articles in categories. Also the plugin has 3 user permissions: view, add/edit/delete and moderation. All articles can be hidden or closed. A version history and a tag are available too.
In the acp you can import/export all articles and categories.

If you use the MyBB SEO function please add the following code to your .htaccess:
RewriteRule ^wiki\.html$ wiki.php [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^wiki-category-([0-9]+)\.html$ wiki.php?cid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^wiki-article-([0-9]+)\.html$ wiki.php?wid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^wiki-article-([0-9]+)-versions\.html$ wiki.php?action=versions&wid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^wiki-version-([0-9]+)\.html$ wiki.php?action=show_version&vid=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^wiki-trash\.html$ wiki.php?action=trash [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^wiki-new\.html$ wiki.php?action=new [L,QSA]
after
RewriteEngine on

This plugin uses the PluginLibrary by frostschutz.

Screenshots
Overview:
[attachment=26596]
Category:
[attachment=26597]
New article:
[attachment=26598]
Article:
[attachment=26599]
Version history:
[attachment=26600]
ACP Overview:
[attachment=26601]
ACP Article list:
[attachment=26602]
ACP Settings:
[attachment=26603]

Installation
Just upload all files into your forum and activate it in the ACP.
Steps to do this

Download, Support and Contact
Downloads: Support: here or in my forum

HowTo update
  • <1.0 -> 1.0
    • Upgrade
    • The last version has many changes so you have to reinstall it
  • other versions
    • Upload the new files
    • Go to *ACP->Wiki->Update*

Note about 1.6/1.8

As this plugin isn't developed anymore I haven't made any changes to get it working with 1.8. You can try to update it yourself but I doubt that changing the compatibility line will work.
Does this use the post parser ?
Aka, would Automedia affect my wiki entries ?
This is not using parser. Would be good if you add so it parses the entries with smilies and BBCodes etc.
I have been looking for something I could use as a video gallery for a while, so if this would work with Automedia its perfect, since there is no other decent blog/wiki system for MyBB.
It uses the MyBB Editor and the post parser for the articles. The titles are normal texts.

Version 1.0.1 contains a bug fix which appears when the PluginLibrary and the Wiki aren't validate and the Wiki tries to get the newest versions of them
So must I install the plugin library as well to make this work or is this already included ?
You have to install it. You can download it here
Ok, Already found a problem and a few questions.
I wanted to add an entry, but I had no short description.
So it gives the error it needs a short description, but everything you entered is gone then as it refreshes the page.
Would be nice to not have it all gone because of an error.
Second, what does the Link do ?
Does it turn the entry into a link to another url or can you use it to define the page url ( like pagemanager).

Thanks in advance.

Bug 2:
Images are not in the correct folder, for the buttons for example it looks for wiki_edit.gif under my theme root, but its not there so there is no button.
Bug 1: I know that and it is planned for one of the next versions.

Bug 2: You got this error with every plugin using the mybb standards. Just copy all images into every theme folder.

If a link is set the user would send to this address instead of showing him a text.
Updated the plugin (version 1.1)
Many things have changed as you can see in the change log
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9