MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chat Bulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Chat Bulletin is a news based forum where you can share news locally or globally! It is a new forum, so not much is posted currently. We are in need of active members and even staff!

If you are interested in global news, this is the forum for you.
If you ever get bored, there is a general discussion forum.
We offer a points system with a slots game.
There are two basic groups: Members & Certified Members.
We are working on some new graphics for the forum.

Forum Link: http://www.chatbulletin.com/forum/

So what are you waiting for? Register today!
I think this is a really great niche, hopefully you can make something of it.
You're going to need some pretty good strategies to get this site up and running. There's too many more credible and larger news forums/sites out there for users to browse.
Yeah, I don't see how "local news discussion" is a niche. People use Facebook for that constantly, not to mention the comments sections of news articles. Even if I wanted to join a forum to discuss local news, I would join a forum just about where I live. Your forum isn't really a local news forum, it's just going to be a bunch of people talking about what's happening in their own area and largely talking to themselves.
What you guys are saying does make sense. I've looked at the categories and removed local news altogether. It's kind of like a news and debate forum now.

Maybe this will clear some things up, and thanks for the feedback.
Before creating opforum I was think about creating a forum to discuss news. Good luck with it.
Looks nice! I wish you the best of luck with it! Smile
Thanks guys! The only hard part is getting people to register on it. Everything is good to go except for some graphics. I've advertised practically everywhere but haven't had much luck with it. Maybe when we get the website portion up, we'll get some people to register.
I hate to say but that theme you're using is a well known theme, i would suggest getting a custom one made because then you can easily say that you own that theme, and then you will have the pride of having your own custom look, although it looks abit drag and there's hardly anyone online, I Don't really see how far you can go with this forum IMO, I would look to some good firm strong Advertising a new theme, and way more features.
(2012-06-21, 10:37 AM)Rainbow Dash Wrote: [ -> ]I hate to say but that theme you're using is a well known theme, i would suggest getting a custom one made because then you can easily say that you own that theme, and then you will have the pride of having your own custom look, although it looks abit drag and there's hardly anyone online, I Don't really see how far you can go with this forum IMO, I would look to some good firm strong Advertising a new theme, and way more features.

Yes, but custom themes almost always cost money. The forum owner (which isn't me) probably wouldn't want to pay for a theme. He's not really experienced with running forums, because all of the previous ones he's made have fallen through the cracks.

And by more features...not sure what you mean there. I've been looking around for some good plugins but I've found none so far.
Pages: 1 2