MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Domain owning issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not quite sure what to do. I had bought a coding and programming site awhile back called http://legitcoders.com/ and am not sure how to carry it on. All the external places such as facebook, twitter, youtube, etc already have a page taken for the site from the previous owners and they have already abandoned everything for a new site. How could i continue to promote and expand it?
should have made all those pages apart of the sale. ask the previous owners for the admin info?
We don't talk anymore. He wanted me to sell it back to some other guy he is friends with so he could turn it into some stupid hack site or some illegal crap like that.
Just an FYI that old owner of yours spammed hard many forums including mine (PM advertising + thread advertising despite of saying no 2-3 times). So before promoting it, you might want to improve your site's impression before public and general audience.
Oh wow, i didn't know that. How exactly would i began to clean up there "messes"?
Was debating whether i should start the forum from scratch or not.
(2012-06-20, 06:32 AM)Browzer Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow, i didn't know that. How exactly would i began to clean up there "messes"?
Was debating whether i should start the forum from scratch or not.

Would say if the owner gave the forum a bad rep you should start fresh. New name and new image. Forget the old forums, its only 7k posts.
If you own the site now, you might be able to report the pages on those sites saying you now own the rights to this name. Hopefully you have a contract or something.
Do what brad-t said. Also, this should be a stepping stone for the next time you purchase a forum to cover absolutely everything before the trade commences.
True true. It was a quick buy from him when the forum went slightly dead with hopes of bringing it back up. Ah, no contract Sad. New name? Then what would i do with the domain name? I have bought the .org and .net so that might help a bit. Use the .org and make it a fresh and legit coding and programming type of forum?