MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CMS Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whilst everyone seems to be suggesting this, I thought I'd put through a likely well thought suggestion. Why not with the release of 1.8 *Or 2.0 team up with a (if 2.0 if any are on Yii) to create an offical bridge maintained by both parties. I do see this more as a 2.0 feature, and I really think it'd be providing something a lot of users see as a core feature.

I know MyBB isn't a CMS, and I don't intend it to be, but there is no harm in having an offical option to it.
The thing is why should it be up to the mybb team to maintain the bridge. Why should it not be up to the other software? An,d I doubt you'll see a bridge maintained by both parties just because issues with different SVNs and what not. You'll also run into the issue of people request more and more bridges.

Bridges should be handled by the community not staff in any project IMO.
Well the idea is that it's bridged with a software with the similiar. MyBB wouldn't code it, they'd just assist in the development of it. Or vise versa.
It's still an extra thing that the developers have to work on. And, your idea after this last post of yours sounds like your asking for an API. Which is is planned for 2.0.