MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: join request Group issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I have an issue with MyBB 1.6.8

I have created a new group in the admin panel, setting "Yes, all new join requests need to be moderated first". I have set an user of my forum as the Group Leader.

I can see there is now two join requests in the admin panel, with message "(2 outstanding join requests)".

When I click on this link (or on the link "Moderate join requests"), I have an error message on the top of the page "You have selected an invalid user group.".

I have attached a screenshot.
ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> File Verification >> Yes

Do any files show in red?
Some files are modified, because of Google SEO mod if i'm correct :

inc/functions.php
inc/functions_forumlist.php
To rule out plugins as a cause of this issue, please try the following:

Go to AdminCP >> Configuration >> General configuration >> Disable all plugins >> YES

This will stop plugins being run when a page on the forum is loaded; it will not edit, delete or reset any content the plugin has added or changed, it will just temporarily stop the plugins being loaded, so some features on your forum may be temporarily missing or broken whilst this option is enabled. When you revert the setting, plugins will work again exactly as they were before. This change helps us to see if a plugin is the cause of a problem, without you having to manually deactivate every single plugin, which would mean you may lose data from them.

If your issue is fixed when this option is enabled, then the cause of your issue is a plugin; please post a list of your plugins and we will try and help you find which one it may be. If the problem still happens with this option enabled, then it is unlikely a plugin is the cause, in which case we will investigate the issue further.
Well, I have manually deleted urser join request from the database, and added them manually to the group.

After that, the join request works...

I haven't changed anything else.

Since I can't reproduce my issue anymore, I close this post.

Thank you for your help