MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknown Error - Forum Down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum has an error message. This message is at the top of forum home page. Forum is Puppy Linux Forum. MyBB version 1.6.3 Thank you for your help.
Reupload class_core.php from the fresh MyBB download in ./inc/ folder. Or remove any blank space from above <?php or below ?>
I just checked the server status page at my host and there is a PHP error. This may be the reason for my forum's error message.

Edit: Not PHP error but POP3 error. Also all servers show Uptime and Server Load as unavailable.
(2012-06-20, 01:56 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Reupload class_core.php from the fresh MyBB download in ./inc/ folder. Or remove any blank space from above <?php or below ?>
I have a reply from my host. They say they are upgrading to PHP 5.3 and possibly the server my forum is on was upgraded last night which explains why I didn't see the error message until this morning. Does the error message I see mean that MyBB 1.6.3 will not work with PHP 5.3?
Ah, there's the problem. The set_magic_quotes_runtime() function was deprecated as of 5.3. Open ./inc/class_core.php and change the line reading

set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); 

to

@set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); 
You should also update to the newest version of MyBB, there have been many bug and security fixes since 1.6.3.
(2012-06-20, 02:33 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, there's the problem. The set_magic_quotes_runtime() function was deprecated as of 5.3. Open ./inc/class_core.php and change the line reading

set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); 

to

@set_magic_quotes_runtime(0); 

I made the change and that fixed the problem. I'm so lucky there are experts here ready to help. I could never have fixed this by myself. Thank you very much!

(2012-06-20, 02:36 PM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]You should also update to the newest version of MyBB, there have been many bug and security fixes since 1.6.3.

Yes I know I need to update. As fate would have it I was planning to update today or in the very near future, I'm very busy right now. These things always happen at the most inconvenient times.