MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Instant activation.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there anyone that is using instant activation along side spam protection methods (recaptcha, registration security questions, etc.) and not having any issues with spam registrations? I seem to have quite a number of people (mostly stupid people) that can't seem to track the activation email and I was wondering if i's worth just turning instant activation on?
I'm tempted to try it now that Spamalyser seems to be working well ... will let you know how it goes.
(2012-06-21, 01:15 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm tempted to try it now that Spamalyser seems to be working well ... will let you know how it goes.

That would be good mate. However, I do prefer to block them from registering more so than doing it at post level. I'm just sick of getting emails from stupid people about their activation emails not coming through. I've even had people who just put in some random email address expecting to be activated instantly.
Honestly, sometimes the activation e-mails just don't show up ...
(2012-06-21, 01:58 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, sometimes the activation e-mails just don't show up ...

I didn't rule that out of the question either. Haha.
(2012-06-21, 01:58 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, sometimes the activation e-mails just don't show up ...

More often than not, They end up in the spam box.
(2012-06-21, 09:26 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Really? I've never, ever seen one go to spam in my accounts.
(2012-06-22, 12:06 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-21, 09:26 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Really? I've never, ever seen one go to spam in my accounts.
Pwn'd by anecdotal evidence!

I always insta activate. Activation emails are lame. Hotmail are also lame for blocking all emails from my server (as in, complete block, doesn't go to Junk folder) and I honestly cbf setting up SPF records and other crap.
So far, so good. Spamalyser keeping me safe.
Instant activation is worth it. Use recaptha and your fine.
Pages: 1 2