MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with the Board Messages plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need some help with the Board Messages plugin that can be found here.

I'm having trouble figuring out what to put in the "Class" section in the ACP. Here's what it says.
Quote:Class
If you wish, you can enter a CSS class for this message so as it can be styled in the theme manager.
Note: Leave blank to assign the default #board_message class.

I tried the following:
• Copy and pasting CSS code from the actual board_message class file.
• Making a new CSS file, and typing in the name of it in that box

But none of those worked. I read the readme and everything for that plugin, but no help was given. What do I need to type in to get what I want?
Leave it blank, as it says:
Quote:Note: Leave blank to assign the default #board_message class.
(2012-06-21, 05:54 AM)vernier Wrote: [ -> ]Leave it blank, as it says:
Quote:Note: Leave blank to assign the default #board_message class.

We're having a bit of a misunderstanding. I don't want to use the default board_message class. I want to make it a different color. I said I typed in the default board message CSS in there to see if it would work, and if it did, I would change the color codes. Well, that's what I meant at least. For example, when you go to the main page on the MyBB community forum, you see three different colored boxes. That's what I want to do on my forum. I just need to figure out how to do that.
I'd just like to bump this topic.
You need to add css classes to the board messages css stylesheet (in themes). An example:

.green {
background: #A9D494;
border-bottom: 2px solid #4C7852;
border-top: 2px solid #4C7852;
	color: #fff;
	padding: 5px;
	margin-top: 10px;
text-align: center;
}

and then where it says to have a class for that message put green. You can make more of course, just give the classes the properties you need and a name.
Gah, I've done all of that, and it still doesn't want to work. I didn't think it would be this hard to add a second class. The green one shows up, too, but when I type it in the box, no CSS box appears.
(2012-06-27, 05:56 PM)Cobalt Wrote: [ -> ]Gah, I've done all of that, and it still doesn't want to work. I didn't think it would be this hard to add a second class. The green one shows up, too, but when I type it in the box, no CSS box appears.
Same problem. Any ideas?