MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need A Mobile FTP Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, You may have heard of my recent issues located at thread
Would it be possible to write website code via a Nintendo 3DS system, I Tried accessing cpanel pc verstion but it doesent seem to load I just get a white page...

Older Thread

http://community.mybb.com/thread-120328.html

Is there some app aviliable that will allow me to login and edit files via A ftp for mobile/3DS devices (Must be online though??)

I cannot wait any longer becuase i need to start coding since there too much work that i am missing out on.

Some limitation from the 3DS

No Copy & Paste (So cannot copy codes)
No Flash (No i carnt watch youtube tutorials)

One Good Thing

It does connect the internet so its half possible if i could get someone to start it of for me maybe

I should be able to get a computer within 6 weeeks to a month.
Is it possible to connect using TeamViewer or VNC? If so you could rent a VPS and connect to that using one of the two.
I found net2ftp.com and ftplive.com

Problem Solved Wink
net2ftp.com is great, you can use that from mobile as well - not sure about DS.
I am not sure what you plan to accomplish on the Internet with a DS device. My DSi was able to load 3 FB pages, then it gave up.

But as the others said, net2ftp is probably your best option because of the light view and the simplistic editor.
The 3DS certainly has the capability of running an editor and probably even use it's own native FTP client, but none of which has ever been made, nor will it.

You are better off either getting a small computer or waiting for the 3DS to get homebrew'd.
If you're willing to wait almost 3 months, a $35 Raspberry Pi should be more than enough if you're currently looking at a 3DS. The site says $25 at the top, but that's for the no-ethernet model A that hasn't been released yet. Heck, it's almost capable of being a web server in and of itself (proof).
(2012-08-07, 04:53 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure what you plan to accomplish on the Internet with a DS device. My DSi was able to load 3 FB pages, then it gave up.

But as the others said, net2ftp is probably your best option because of the light view and the simplistic editor.

You guys may tried the old DS systems like the DSi, The 3DS is alot more powerfull then this from nintendo updates..

Anyway i managed to get a real PC (Netbook)

Now i can use the real Cpanel Smile
Well either way Spudster, I am glad you figured something out. Regardless of the 3DS's power, I sure wouldn't want to code on one... But to each their own Wink.
Thread cleaned. Be nice.

Also the problem seems to be solved so I'll lock the thread; OP can PM me if he wants it re-opened.