MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need help!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forums with 8k users and a few thousands threads and posts.

I want to move all the threads and posts in an "Archived" area but I want to like reset the users posts and what not.

so basically still have all the threads and posts in on area and have no users linked to them.... Not sure if that makes sense I want to start fresh with users all at the same level with 0 posts ect
This kind of would solve my issue If I could merge all the users together into one account.
Merged. Please only create one thread for each issue.

Why would you want to do this?

How many users do you have? There is a merge tool in the Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Merge Users - but it may take a while if you have a lot of users.
(2012-06-21, 04:38 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]Merged. Please only create one thread for each issue.

Why would you want to do this?

How many users do you have? There is a merge tool in the Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Merge Users - but it may take a while if you have a lot of users.
well I closed my old forums we had 8k users 72k threads and 15k threads. Alot of people asked me to open a new site so I am. they asked me to merge the old DB into the new site. then people suggested we have an archived area with all the old content but have all the users accounts have zero posts. So I'm unsure how I'm going to do this...
I would suggest that you move all the old stuff into an archive section that has post count disabled. That way everyone should go back to having zero post count (probably after a recount/rebuild), but they still own the posts so the threads still make sense if someone was to go back and read it.