MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New user authentications e-mails always blank, others fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum is at http://christchurcharchitects.co.nz/mybb
I just set it up from scratch using current build 1.6.8

(Please feel free to attempt to signup)

The forum is using phpmail, and this seems to be fine for all other site generated mail (it is sent and received normally) - but whenever a new user attempts to register, upon successfully completing the sign-up form the activation message e-mailed to them is always blank.

I am using British English rather than American English by default - is it possible there is some missing text in a language file somewhere?

Or do confirmation e-mails in particular contain stuff that webhosts don't like? I am with X-10 hosting, and I saw the wiki info on this host having issues with version 1.2 MyBB software, though I am using v1.6.8, and presume the fact that other site generated email works is a good sign?

Hoping someone can help!
his is a serius problem why mybb team ignored this one...how many threads i saw a problem like this..i got also this problem the activation link is missing on email..
(2012-06-21, 02:31 PM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ]I am using British English rather than American English by default - is it possible there is some missing text in a language file somewhere?
Your language pack is outdated, at least you need to update messages.lang.php.
(2012-06-21, 04:08 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-21, 02:31 PM)ArchPrime Wrote: [ -> ]I am using British English rather than American English by default - is it possible there is some missing text in a language file somewhere?
Your language pack is outdated, at least you need to update messages.lang.php.
Thanks - I copied the American version over the English version & it now works. Reverse colonialism. Hoping there are not too many miss-spelled words as a result.