MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which is best for online donations of an NGO ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the best way to take online donations for an NGO ?
i.e. what service to use on donate page of NGO ?
except paypal
Google Checkout and Liberty Reserve.
If you really can't use PayPal (most probably for geographical reasons) i would suggest Google Checkout as nobody I know really uses LR.
Google checkout isn't available for my country anyother service ?
Google Wrote:Google Checkout is available to U.S. and U.K. merchants. U.S. Google Checkout merchants must have a U.S. bank account and U.S. address, plus either of the following:

A Social Security number (optional) and a valid credit card
A Federal Tax ID/Employer Identification Number (EIN)
Well, it would help to know the country Smile
If Google and paypal are out you'll lose most people in US. Liberty Reserve is about the only one I can think of but I've never used is personally or know anyone who's really used it.

If you just want a good list of payment gateways Magento has about them all listed in their extensions site.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-c...eways.html

I'm sure there is more of list somewhere but I knew that one already and didn't feel like searching Toungue.
LR is good but the only problem you would face at the time of withdrawal IMO. Alertpay is another alternative, but they've usually high fees.
Why not PayPal? I guess they have some relief for NGO/Donations/Global cause as well as far as I know.
Probably Paypal is unsupported in his country.
Yup paypal is not supported in my country