MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move portal login to sidebox? (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, community.

What I would like to do (but cannot, for the life of me, seem to figure out) is move the welcomeblock into the side box on the left.

Now, I have added {$welcomeblock} to the box, and it somewhat worked. I then added this portion into the box (located in the header template.)

<div id="panel">
				{$welcomeblock}
			</div>

It also seemed to work, however, the look is very messy, so I removed it.

Now, I'm sure I've given way too much useless information already, but let me get to the point. :)

I came across this website, and I adore their login.

How can I add that login style to my left bar? I have searched everywhere, trying to find other threads covering this topic, but with no luck. I would be absolutely thrilled with any help given.

Thank you. :)

EDIT:

I was trying to figure out what the portal page was, how you edit, etc. I see the login box I want there! So, is it possible to move that box from www.websitename.com/portal.php to www.websitename.com/index?

I just want that login in the side box. I would redirect users to the portal to begin with, but there are other side boxes I want to add with custom images, links, etc. I also like how the side boxes I've put in stay through all pages, not just the index. I hope I'm making sense here.

EDIT 2:

Okay, so I saw there is a portal template and these are the things I tried, but didn't work. Why?

I tried moving {$welcome} into my left side box.

I tried moving this into the left side box.
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>{$lang->welcome}</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1">
{$welcometext}
</td>
</tr>
</table><br />

Lastly, I tried moving {$welcometext} into the side box.

I should also note that my side boxes are located in my header and footer. The left in the header, right in the footer.

Edit: Playing around with the Header welcome block templates solved my problem. :)