MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post from Email Plugin - several issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I have installed the Post from Email plugin into my newly installed 1.6.8 MyBB forum (http://christchurcharchitects.co.nz/mybb), and set up identically to the example configurations, simply substituting my own Gmail address and password for the example ones.

Posting anything to that address however does not create any outcome on the forum

Assuming this could be overcome, how does the plug-in know the post is from a registered user of that forum? Presumably everyone wanting to post by email sends to that same email address, so this address is not itself required to registered as if some kind of individual user?

Is there yet a way (or likely to be a way) that an entire email based/Yahoo Groups style emailed discussion can be had with the forum, for users unwilling to use web based version .

I have many users currently on a yahoo forum who are very unhappy about a two step process required every time to participate in a thread - needing to log in and out multiple times over the course of a day rather than simply replying directly to an email - so it would be great to accommodate those users somehow.