MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Container2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone! Sorry if I put this in the wrong section, I'm not good at that!
I've been trying to add a container2 to my forum to make the colors fit better, but I can't find out how. If you guys could help me out, I would really appreciate that!
Thanks!
~Jake
#container class is defined in global.css stylesheet (if that's you mean).
I know where it is, sorry if I wasn't clear. I wanted a container2. Example:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5076/74182...f522_b.jpg
They very black part around the edges is the container2, outside of it is the regular #container. I wanted to figure out how I can get the container2 on my forum.
In header template, add the following code before <div id="container">
<div class="container2">

And then in footer template, add another </div> at the end of template. (Note: You've to play with the ending </div> and adjust its proper location yourself)

Now define container2 class in global.css
Since I'm the noob coder I am, would you mind putting the code I need to define it here for me? Toungue Sorry, I'm learning still!
No problem.

The CSS should be something like this;
.container2{
background: #000000;
padding: 3px 5px;
margin: auto auto;
}

Then add a <div class="container2"> before <div id="container"> in header template. And add an ending </div> in footer template.
Awesome thanks, I'll try it out!

It's fairly big, but I got it! Last thing, to get it smaller, it's a bit big in both directions.

Update: Nevermind I figured that one out too! Now I just have one more thing, how can I make the content bigger? Like the boxed within container2 so the container wont look super big, I wanted to increase that size.
Site link? Just makes it a hell of a lot easier. Toungue