MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to create language pack for mods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, i found some of the most needed plugins in spanish language(without english language pack in mods), so i planned to add english language things in my free time using google translate,because most guys know english.

so my question is how to insert translated words.....???
i need to open plugin file and REPLACE spanish word by English or need to create a seperate files.....??

that is one folder for SPanish and another for English, i don't know what to do, please guide me or point to one tutorial , Thanks Smile
If the plugin comes with language files then you can simple change the english sentences to spanish by editing its variable strings. A variable is something like this;
$l['some_thing'] = "Some text.";

Edit Some text. to spanish sentences.
some don't have seperate language files, only single plugin file Sad

so i need to create language pack or just replace text in that single plugin file....?
You've to replace the text with Spanish then.
Yaldaram, can you check whether the translation is correct , i verified all but this is my first translation so only

Original mod in spanish language: http://mods.mybb.com/view/floating-guest-notify

i added the attachment in english, and don't know where to add credit for me Sad

need to add credit as follows
Translated by feastboy, Mybbcommunity.blogspot.com (Upcoming Mybb tutorial blog)
The mod has two languages english and spanish, but directories, jscript and plugin name are on spanish, but this is only for personal purposes, because many people have a mods and sometimes the name or vars are duplicated and if we (developers) do not declare property, this causes some error codes.

But it does not take some negative effect or something like that, but thanks for your translation, you can put your own credits on language file english and add on description or any place you want your credits, because this mod is for all users and if you want you can put your credits or any thing you want, because the license express that Wink.

I speak spanish and my best way to do my own things to make quick support or all of them is in this way, because i use coments and words in my native language to understand me, because my english is very poor and i have to learn how to speak or read all things on english language.

I give to all peopple support on my forum or on spanish forums, because its more easy to me explain or detail iformation in that way. But i try to do in english too xD.
it didnt work, floating picture and msg didnt show up