MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How long have you been "foruming"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How long have you been browsing forums? I'm meaning overall, including times when you were just a member starting out.

I've been "foruming" (I gotta find a better word -_-) for about 5 years now. I started out on a forum called The Final Fantasy, then I became a mod at a new site called Final Fantasy Crystal Cosmo, which I eventually branched off into my own site called Ultimate Final Fantasy, which then turned into The Glass Prison.

About a year into running The Glass Prison I found MyBB, and in a few months I became a Super Moderator here.

So post your forum stories. Smile
I have posted on game boards for at least 6-7 years, not exactly forums, but similar. I have been a member of actual forums for about 4 years, the first one i joined was sysopt.com a computer helping site. Since then I have joined countless forums on my favorite topics. I eventually wanted to start my own forum, knowing nothing about it, I cam across poppydog.com, and at the time thought it was cool, then I found a free phpbb host talkthis.com and thought that was amazing, then I realized I found out how to do it all myself, and went to SMF, after that board go hacked, I went in search to find the best free forum software and came across MyBB. Been using it ever since, for over a year now. Although none of my forums have really taken off, I have not worked that hard at it yet. The biggest forum accomplishment I have is being a super mod at albumbase.com which uses MyBB.
I've also been "foruming" for over 6 years. I remember those good'o CGI yabb days....fun times then. fun times now Smile [/font]
hehe... I started as a member in 2001 on freewebspace community. Then I started a number of free hostings before finally I formed a free host which stills hosts few big sites for free. (since late 2002)

I started with IPB 1.0 back then mainly for support and then launched quite a few other forums but abandoned many. Most of the time, I was offering "Free forum hosting" which I recently gave up. (phpBB, IPB, MercuryBoard, SMF etc..)

So basically, "foruming" for 5 years now.
first time i signed up to a forum (WAP) were in 2004, i am signed up atleast to about 8 wapforums, only signed up on first Webforum on 5-February 06 (signed up on many other webforums as well) . so here i am at myBB got my first own webforum up and running in my own way.LOL. and that happined 2 August 2006. -YEAH- and its a myBB board Toungue
A bit more than 5 years. I joined my first forum July 17, 2001.
I started participating in Newsgroups (NGs) on Usenet back in the early 1990s. I became a member of an online forum in 1997 (and I still participate there!). Last year I was asked to help moderate a different forum. And I created my first MyBB forum about the time MyBB 1.1 was released.
well...I think you could ALMOST call it foruming but started in messageboards at this BBS I connected to via fooling my IT-teacher that I was staying at school to practise on computers.....and used the teacher's computer (the only one with a 1200baud modem) to connect to some BBSs.....and this was in 1988 I think Smile
Quote:1988 I think
lol that was when i was born in that year

i have been coming to fourm for about 5 years it all start when i got board of msn. thinging there much be more to the net then msn then i got in to fixing pcs so i join this very big fourm on the net and have lernt so much about pc Repair. and now moving to coding website for now but one day maybe sofware

also computer have been a big part of mylife and so is helping other with computers
I started on 9 December 2004 at a place called the PokeCommunity. Since then, I've started many forums and have joined lots too.
Pages: 1 2