MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move Quick Login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I got another problem Smile I want to move the Quick Login Box to the top of the template. But if I use the $loginform variable as it is used in the board legend I just get nothing.

I guess it is because the $loginform variable isn't decleared yet but I don't know where to do this?
Yes, that's how you do it.  I put mine at the top as well.

Templates > Modify/Delete > *Your Template* > Index Page Templates > index

Find {$loginform} near the bottom.  Cut it and paste it at the top below {$header} (and above {$forums}).  You may want to go edit the loginform to make it fit in better at the top.

Templates > Modify/Delete > *Your Template* > Index Page Templates > index_loginform

Personally, I made that align right, just cuz I think it looks better.
Thank you Smile I got it to work... But I just noticed that it disappears again when I go to display a forum... I tried to put it into the forum display template but again just an empty string is returned...? :\
You added it in your index template or in another template?
I added it to the index template (here it appears correctly) and the forumdisplay template (here it doesn't show up)...
That's because it's only shown on index.php since that's the only file it's called.
But can I call in on every page?
No, unless you edit the code to parse it on every page. (Perhaps move it to global.php)
I need to move the quick login form to another web page.
How can i do that?
You mean you just wanna have the login form on any page on your site?

<form action="http://www.YOURSITE.com/MyBB/member.php" method="post">
	<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
	<input type="text" name="username"  value="Username" /><br>
	<input type="password" name="password" value="Password" />
<input type="submit" value="Login" />
</form>

That's just a generic form that'll go on any page. Make sure to replace YOURSITE.com/MyBB/ with the correct path to your forum.
Pages: 1 2