MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Brand new theme for mybb 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am currently designing a theme for mybb 1.8 (yet to be released atm), and wonder if anyone might like to partner up with me to create a great theme for everyone to use.

Please contact me via PM if you are interested!

P.S. I will not share any details until you commit, so please do not ask otherwise.

This will only be in the design stages until 1.8 beta comes out, so we would only be laying it out, doing graphics, etc.

Edit - Whoops, could've sworn twig was 1.8
I wouldn't bother starting until the first beta is released. At least that will give you an idea of what has been changed. The way themes work is the largest thing we've changed in 1.8, if you develop one using 1.6 you'll most certainly need to spend extra time updating it to work with 1.8.
Edit - moved to main post
1.8 doesn't include Twig, that is in 2.0.
(2012-06-23, 10:04 AM)JadennH Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I must clarify, I am not coding the theme until the beta is released. I am only designing the theme, such as logos, graphics, overlays, etc, then once the beta is released, I will start coding it, and release once mybb 1.8 is out of beta. I can hardly wait to try twig out. I themed 1.6 before, so hopefully its not too much harder.

I'll partner up with you.
PM'd.
(2012-06-23, 10:01 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't bother starting until the first beta is released. At least that will give you an idea of what has been changed. The way themes work is the largest thing we've changed in 1.8, if you develop one using 1.6 you'll most certainly need to spend extra time updating it to work with 1.8.

Crying.

How much work is it going to be?
(2012-06-23, 05:44 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-23, 10:01 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't bother starting until the first beta is released. At least that will give you an idea of what has been changed. The way themes work is the largest thing we've changed in 1.8, if you develop one using 1.6 you'll most certainly need to spend extra time updating it to work with 1.8.

Crying.

How much work is it going to be?

With the addition of base colors, I'm not sure how that'll affect 1.6 themes. I'm waiting for Justin to finish the 1.8 theme before I even try to test out compatibility. Of course there's no rush to upgrade to 1.8 so when the first beta comes out you can see for yourself the changes which have been made regarding templates. Trying to keep template changes to a minimum while adding more features/standards updates and such is a complicated task but we haven't done too bad. It won't be as near as complex as updating your theme to 2.0, let's put it that way. Smile
With 2.0 I guess we'll basically have to start again Toungue
(2012-06-23, 08:41 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]With 2.0 I guess we'll basically have to start again Toungue

Yup. But we will have plenty of time to do that.
Admin, request thread closure. No longer relevant.
Pages: 1 2