MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Merge Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did a merge of an old forum (different domain etc.) into a completely new install, it merged fine. However, I even though I can log into the AdminCP homepage, if I click on another link from there - it takes me back to the admincp login page.

So, I tried logging from another browser - entered my details etc., then it tells me it was successful but redirects back to the homepage, where I'm still not logged in.

If I click any threads / users imported, I get an error message that that page doesn't exist (same for threads - they end in "thread-208-lastpost.html" format).

Due to this, I can't recount & rebuild.

Any fixes?
Make sure your cookie settings are correct: http://community.mybb.com/thread-74904.html
Yeah, I changed settings.php but overlooked the cookie setting. I've recounted and rebuilt all the options, and optimized the database. But the thread/user problem persists, I still get a 404 error.

I can see the users from the admin CP 'Edit User' tab and look into their settings etc., but if I click a direct link to their profile, I get a 404 error.

I've rebuilt the cashes, optimized the databases etc. all over again, but the problem still persists.

Fixed it - turned off search engine friendly urls.