MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EDIT:
I solved part of it and managed to salvaged the index and the forum codes. But it comes up with the same error 500 but when I try and access the Admin CP..

I was putting in the plugin earlier into my site via Filezilla.
I dragged the whole 'Update' file into the public_html area and it kept saying replace this, replace this, and to be honest- being stupid I just said, replace, replace, replace and now I keep getting;

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving SITE LINK It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

It did this straight away after I replaced everything. I would be really upset if everything of mine was wiped as I have done LOADS to it and it has taken absolutely weeks. Thanks.
Have you tried uploading a fresh download of mybb? I'm not sure what kind of plugin you would need to install that would replace core files and it shouldn't cause any errors until you activate it.