MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply loading doesn't disappear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you post a quick reply (or do AJAX stuff) a loading thing appears:

[Image: T7Yr7.png]

However my message doesn't disappear. It keeps showing this loading message until I change the page.

I have done a lot of modification to my MyBB forum, but would there be an easy fix?

Thanks.
Does this happen on the default/unmodified theme?

If it works on the default theme, it's a problem with your postbit template.

What plugins do you have installed?
It works fine on the default theme so it must be my template. I've checked the postbit templates I've customised and nothing looks out of the ordinary. Which template/what should I be looking for specifically?

I have a fair few plugins (some of which are custom made by me) so I'd rather see if a template can be fixed before I ramble on about what I have installed.
It sounds crazy, but check the HTML validates on the showthread.
It could be related to the showthread_quickreply template, which is under the Show Thread Templates group.
It could also be the postbit template itself, which is under the Post Bit Templates group.
Are either of those (or both) templates modified?

Edit: What is your URL?
I experienced the same thing

check my Board : http://chibi-cyber.com/index.php
(2012-06-24, 09:03 AM)Ryan Loos Wrote: [ -> ]It could be related to the showthread_quickreply template, which is under the Show Thread Templates group.
It could also be the postbit template itself, which is under the Post Bit Templates group.
Are either of those (or both) templates modified?

Edit: What is your URL?

I have heavily modified the postbit templates, but I have not modified the quick reply template at all.

This could be an issue with updating them. When I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.6, I didn't modify many of the templates. Maybe I'm missing a template change?

I'll PM you my board URL.

(2012-06-24, 08:53 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds crazy, but check the HTML validates on the showthread.

It has maaaany errors (most are duplicates for each post in the specific thread I validated). There were a few form errors and script errors (I think it was trying to validate the JS??).
I had a similar problem a while ago - I had a mistake in my HTML and it did make the loading.gif hang.

The other thing could just be the board speed. AJAX is asynchronous - that does not mean instant, it just seems that way, so if the board is very slow then you will have to wait - sometimes for a very long time.
(2012-06-26, 04:07 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I had a similar problem a while ago - I had a mistake in my HTML and it did make the loading.gif hang.

Do you know what specifically you fixed?

(2012-06-26, 04:07 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The other thing could just be the board speed. AJAX is asynchronous - that does not mean instant, it just seems that way, so if the board is very slow then you will have to wait - sometimes for a very long time.

Yeah I know. I've had issues in the past with an AJAX based chat that dragged down resources (but we've since moved to IRC). My server can easily handle many requests (it's a business-grade server used for client websites) so I doubt it'd be a slow response issue.
Do you mind posting your postbit template here then, so someone more technically minded than myself can see if they know what the problem is? Smile
Pages: 1 2