MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User can't post/can't send PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB community

I'm looking for someone that experienced the same issue... which I cannot reproduce myself :/

Some of my users have pointed an issue: when they post a new message (or reply, or send a PM), they got the error "empty message".

I'm thinking of a JavaScript problem or something similar. Maybe it's only their browser cache that contains a corrupted copy of the js files...

But since this issue was reported often, by different users, I'm looking for a specific answer for them.

I'm using MyBB 1.6.8 (but issue was seen also on 1.6.7).
My site is now running with CloudFlare, since few days... but the issue was also reported before I use cloudflare service...

You can visit my forum here : http://www.japancar.fr/forum/

If needed, I can create a test account... but because I cannot reproduce the issue myself, I'm not sure this can help :/

I'm currently just looking for someone that experienced the same problem, and found what it was exactly.
Is "empty message" the exact error message?

I was unable to find that exact phrase in any of the MyBB files (unless my search failed for some reason).
Well, I'm using a french translation of the forum...

But I think it is the normal error message when you click on post button with an empty message.

Also, when the click on "preview", the message become empty - everything they wrote is lost.