MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Translated plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I have translated a few plugins that i use to the dutch language.

According to MattR i did the following:

Copy the language files that belong to the plugins out of inc/languages/english and inc/languages/english/admin.

On my computer i edited them with notepad and translating the english quotes to dutch.

I saved the files with the same name but now i copied them to inc/languages/dutch and inc/languages/dutch/admin.

Next i changed the permissions on those files to 666.

But now when i look into the admin panel the plugins are not translated into dutch.

Next i changed the language for the forum and the admin panel from dutch to english. Saved the settings and then changed them back to dutch.

Does not work.

Damn... What am i doing wrong you guys?
i don't know most about language packs,

but delete the english language pack, and put only dutch language pack then test..

clear the cache manager and rebuild
What text in the admin panel are you actually expecting to see translated? If you're translating the plugins you emailed me about then nothing in the ACP is going to change.

(2012-06-24, 06:20 PM)feastboy Wrote: [ -> ]but delete the english language pack, and put only dutch language pack then test..

clear the cache manager and rebuild

Deleting the english language pack is hardly a good idea, and the recount and rebuild is totally unrelated to language packs.