MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i get this message when i try to go on my forums and for no reason because last time i checked it was alright, i didn't changed anything

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
2005 - Unknown MySQL server host 'mysql.0hosting.org' (1)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database host name is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['hostname']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider
(2012-06-25, 03:12 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database host name is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['hostname']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider

i know whats meant to be there it was fine like 3 hours ago now its like this
(2012-06-25, 03:12 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]This occurs when you are using MySQL and the database host name is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['hostname']. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider
If mybb is installed correctly this error should not occur, does this point to either a manual edit of the config files or the database password being altered, which dependant on the result, may mean that the OP's site has been hacked or the OP as adjusted the file in an incorrect manner
Contact your host then. They might have changed something.
but i have another forums in the same host and its working just fine

zreality.hourb.com/index.php
(2012-06-25, 03:41 PM)Overhated Wrote: [ -> ]but i have another forums in the same host and its working just fine

zreality.hourb.com/index.php

the database name/password could be different for both domains... if you edit one to match the other it will not work .... if you have edited the config file please review your edits, if not check that you can open the database using the host utility ( phpmyadmin perhaps) with the correct passwords ...
its not working please help !

OH MY strawberry GOD
(2012-06-25, 07:29 PM)Overhated Wrote: [ -> ]its not working please help !

is it working now ?