MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reported Post Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if it would be possible to pull a idea from VB to have a reported post/PM go to a forum with the following.
  • User who is being reported
  • Reason
  • Quote of post/PM
  • Moderators or Admins displayed for that forum

Instead of having options, the Mods or Admins would post in thread of the action taken and than close the thread.
Better suited as isolated plugin. Already have by the way: http://mods.mybb.com/view/report-to-thread
I think that the current report posts system works just fine. If it's spam, warn them (verbally or with a warning); harrassment, do whatever. Just follow your website's policies and you should be fine.
I really don't want this feature. It would not fit my workflow at all.
This feature/plugin is used on one of the vBulletin forums that I moderate on, and for the most part it just creates heaps of useless threads for spammers which none of the moderators bother replying or closing any more, they just take action.

Here at MyBB we have an "Incident Reports" forum where we manually post about any issues that arise in the community and what actions we have taken, if any. This results in far less threads being made and you know that the ones that are made are actually of some importance.

In any case, this will most likely not be included as MyBB core.