MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Possibility of only allowing 1 image upload host to be used?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I cannot think of what this may be called, so this is why I am posting here.

I run a forum, and a lot of our members post images. I really only like one image hosting company, and I would prefer that my users only utilize this. Is there anyway that I can set it up so they only use the image host that I want? Is there a plugin for this...? Or can anyone tell me the name of what this is?

I believe I have seen this on some other forums, I just can't for the life of me figure out which forums utilize this.

Thank you in advance!
Maybe you can achieve that by creating your own MyCode to over come the default one, or by editing the class_parser.php file.
Use postimage.org

http://www.postimage.org/mod.php

Works really well an is supported for MyBB. Allows you to add the upload image button simply were you want on your templates. And you are pretty much set to go.
(nice part about postimage.org is the fact it automatically gives you the thumpnail sized image back with a link to the orignal size)

I dont know if that would work for your specific image host thought.
But for most a plugin should be writeable. Quite easily .. well not really a plugin more a splash page, that pops up and afterwards inserts the bb code provided back into the text box(after uploading) using javascript (parrent and child frame)
just use word filter, ban the other image hosts..

so when guys used other imagehosts they will just see the replaced text like "Use this image host or your own text"
Thanks for the suggestions!!

Not sure how to write my own code

Feastboy, I think your answer was the best and will suit me great.

Thanks, rep + for feast boy!