MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Subscribe as default on new thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to make the default setting "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" for new threads?

The default now is "Do not subscribe to this thread"

Thanks!
There is a setting in each user's cp where they can change the default subscription method.. not sure if that's what you mean or if you want to make every user subscribe by default?
I'm not sure I was aware of that setting. Thanks.

Is there a way to default the "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" to instant email notification?

Thanks for your help.
(2012-06-26, 03:22 AM)bgrella Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure I was aware of that setting. Thanks.

Is there a way to default the "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" to instant email notification?

Thanks for your help.

this needs to be an admin feature to set this globally.. it is CRUCIAL to growing a new forum and it's the best way to ensure people return and engage in discussions..

thinking of switching to phpBB as not too happy with some of the lack of features on myBB.. you shouldn't have to constantly tweak code for features that are standard in most others
Enabling automatic email subscriptions is a user-hostile action. Just because I joined your forum doesn't mean I want to be spammed incessantly. That said, you can do this by editing the HTML of the registration form and changing which one is checked by default. You can even hide the controls from the registration form so it can't be changed until after the account is created, but I really hope you don't.