MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Single mod to add facebook like + Google plus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any mod which can add both Facebook like and Google plus at the same time?
Add the following code where you want to show;
<!-- AddThis Button BEGIN -->
<div class="addthis_toolbox addthis_default_style ">
<a class="addthis_button_facebook_like" fb:like:layout="button_count"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_tweet"></a>
<a class="addthis_button_google_plusone" g:plusone:size="medium"></a>
<a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style"></a>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/250/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-4e7d6f9112844b2a"></script>
<!-- AddThis Button END -->
The above code is not official release from Facebook or Google, the whoever is hosting that java (s7.addthis.com aka addthis.com) would have the burden of updating their scripts to support the changes all these social networks make, and that javascript has a few more external scripts sources in it.. although it's button layout options do look very nice. Let us know how it works for you please.
Sometimes loading Google's js and especially Facebook's js causes loading to lag, that's why usually you want to put your script code snippets right before the /body close tag or footer close tag.
what is the best place to add it in? Can you please specify the thread which discusses this?

I've found one: http://community.mybb.com/thread-95043.html
Awesome thread,
I put mine after my forum names and thread names:
[attachment=26667]
[attachment=26668]

I put them there so there not obvious and out of the way and don't really add any line space to the forum display structure. But everyone has their preference to what they feel is best for them.
I pasted my google+ code with 3 template edits. first two with where I wanted the button, and the last was the "<script>" code snippet before my body close tag.
Best place to add is in header or showthread template.
If somebody'd point me to a thread then it'll be fine.

I've added in global header. Please see the top right part of header in my site - I've just now added it.

I see some alignment issues in IE8 and Safari. Otherwise looking ok in all browsers.
Guys please help me to know if I've done it correctly.