MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paypal dispute.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2012-06-26, 07:02 PM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, will test this if I ever need to.
But wait...
You're saying they don't even give the other person a chance to respond?

9 times out of 10 they don't. I ring them up, say this happened, and boom I have it back. Anything virtual you win, they don't cover virtual goods. Considering 99% of the disputes forum owners receive are virtual, you should never lose any money.

I supply them with the evidence anyway. A picture of my upgrade page with disclaimer, a picture of their usergroup receiving their product (the membership in most cases) and a screenshot of how much they paid. Most of the time I don't even need to give it.
Ooh sad to know abt this.
I wish u succeed SmileSmile
Scammers need to be banned
(2012-06-26, 07:54 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-26, 07:02 PM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, will test this if I ever need to.
But wait...
You're saying they don't even give the other person a chance to respond?

9 times out of 10 they don't. I ring them up, say this happened, and boom I have it back. Anything virtual you win, they don't cover virtual goods. Considering 99% of the disputes forum owners receive are virtual, you should never lose any money.

I supply them with the evidence anyway. A picture of my upgrade page with disclaimer, a picture of their usergroup receiving their product (the membership in most cases) and a screenshot of how much they paid. Most of the time I don't even need to give it.

Great thanks. Smile
Quote:Many people who sell domains (for example) get ripped off since Paypal "protects" the fraudulent buyer. Does Paypal really side with the seller of "Digital Goods" that often, like 100%? If 'Yes' that is good to know.*

I can assure you 100% that this is the case.
(2012-06-26, 09:15 PM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Many people who sell domains (for example) get ripped off since Paypal "protects" the fraudulent buyer. Does Paypal really side with the seller of "Digital Goods" that often, like 100%? If 'Yes' that is good to know.*

I can assure you 100% that this is the case.

after dealing with a few incidents as such i can assure you that this is not 100% the case

paypal doesn't always side with the seller, i've had about 50/50 luck with them
If you sell digital goods and the buyer starts a dispute for whatever reason. As long as you let paypal know you sold digital goods, they will side with you always.

A credit card charge back is a different situation altogether, which is probably why your luck is 50/50. DONT accept credit card payments via paypal if you sell digital goods.
Accepting credit card payments is a vital must have.
I knew there must be a catch. Toungue
in future trades, remember to ask them to send the money as a gift.
(2012-06-27, 12:31 AM)Frank.Barry Wrote: [ -> ]If you sell digital goods and the buyer starts a dispute for whatever reason. As long as you let paypal know you sold digital goods, they will side with you always.

I have clearly identified that the items sold were intangible goods, and not always had success. Now, some of these may have been legitimate false claims (we may be talking about different situations; I usually encounter "fraudulent access" claims), but I don't know.

Quote:A credit card charge back is a different situation altogether, which is probably why your luck is 50/50. DONT accept credit card payments via paypal if you sell digital goods.

That seems really silly.
(2012-06-27, 01:23 AM)Dark Byte Wrote: [ -> ]in future trades, remember to ask them to send the money as a gift.

I have a feeling paypal will catch on eventually and just lock your account down.
Pages: 1 2 3 4