MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: @font-face issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm using @font-face to provide some custom fonts on my forum. I eventually got them working in Chrome & Firefox by putting my @font-face declarations in the headerinclude rather than global.css... but now they don't work in IE. Here's my CSS code, as generated by fontsquirrel.com:
@font-face {
    font-family: 'EBGaramondSC';
    src: url('fonts/EBGaramondSC-webfont.eot');
    src: url('fonts/EBGaramondSC-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'),
         url('fonts/EBGaramondSC-webfont.woff') format('woff'),
         url('fonts/EBGaramondSC-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'),
         url('fonts/EBGaramondSC-webfont.svg#EBGaramondRegular') format('svg');
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
}
I'm guessing it must be something with MyBB, because I have the same exact markup in a plain HTML file and it's working fine. Any thoughts?
I had the same problem.. I had to edit my theme's cache file directly in order to get @font-face to work in my css because the cache was eliminating one of the single single quotes on its own for some reason
Found an odd hack that got it working: I duplicated the fonts and CSS on a different server, and then added a @import to the top of global.css for it. I don't know why that fixed it, but I'm just going to leave it alone for the moment!
This problem exists with the MyBB CSS editor. As soon as you save in Simple Mode it breaks. You could try adding an extra stylesheet and telling people not to touch it? Or just add one using a .css file in the theme folder.